Beat that nasty heat without cranking up the AC all summer long The majority of heat that enters your home comes through the roof. If your home has an attic, that heat tends to build up very quickly, often to an unbearable degree in the summer months, and that heat spreads throughout the rest of the home. And in those summer months, often homeowners are left with little recourse other than to rely heavily on air conditioning and/or central air. This, in turn, results in sky-high utility bills and a lot of frustration because it's still a struggle to beat that heat. This is doubly problematic. Decreases the temperature as well as those utility bills Installing Houseables' new radiant barrier foil along the rafters of your attic (or attic flooring) is a clever and cost effective way of combating the sweltering summer heat as well as those rising utility bills. When stapled to the underside of roof rafters (below insulation and never on top), our radiant foil reflects up to 97% of the radiant heat that strikes its surface. When that radiant heat is reflected, heat transfer is greatly reduced, so temperatures are naturally lowered. Some studies have shown that radiant barriers are effective enough to reduce overall cooling costs by 10%.
Features & Highlights
- 1,000 SQUARE FEET PER ROLL: Our foil insulation barrier rolls measure 250 feet in length and are four feet wide. This gives you 1,000 square feet of insulation per roll. Studies have shown that radiant barrier foil can result in a noticeable temperature drop in your home during the summer. It can also help reduce cooling costs by 10% depending on your climate region.
- HIGHLY REFLECTIVE: Double-sided and tear-resistant, our foil's material is highly reflective to reflect radiant heat rather than absorb it. The industrialized strength foil is remarkably thin to the touch. It is designed to withstand heavy handling without tearing, puncturing, or overly wrinkling. Cuts easily with utility scissors so you can install it properly with ease with no special tools or protective equipment required.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: It is non-toxic and does not promote the growth of fungi or bacteria nor does it provide no nesting support for rodent or insects. Works for both new and pre-existing buildings. The material is unaffected by humidity and climate changes so no further maintenance is required upon installation. It is a superior alternative to bulky insulation such as foil-faced bubble wrap.
- ASTM COMPLIANT: Meets the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) fire and smoke safety requirements of most state and local building codes, as well as the breathability standards for building materials. While primarily used for attic rafters and floors, our radiant foil works well for garages, workshops, storage units, barns, warehouses, and even older multi-storied homes that lack sufficient insulation.
- 90-DAY 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. We offer a No Hassle 90-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee. If, within the three months, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, just let us know and we will refund you all your money.
|Package Weight:||28.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.98 x 5.51 x 5.51 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Houseables, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.